The following is a list of Apps you can download to help you cope with stress, anxiety, depression, addiction and other mental health concerns. Please feel free to give us feedback on your favourites by contacting me.
Stress and Anxiety
- SAM will help you to understand what causes your anxiety, monitor your anxious thoughts and behaviour over time and manage your anxiety through self-help exercises and private reflection.
- The “Social cloud” feature will enable you to share your experiences with the SAM community while protecting your identity
- Costs money
- Meditation helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Scientifically proven techniques
- portable stress management tool
- provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing.
- Breathe2Relax can be used as a stand-alone stress reduction tool, or can be used in tandem with clinical care directed by a healthcare worker.
Will help you learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking, and identify active steps that will help you take charge of your anxiety. This app includes strategies to deal with everyday anxiety, as well as specific tools to tackle:
- Making Sleep Count
- Riding Out Intense Emotions
- Test Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Performance Anxiety
- Meditation in 5 minutes
- Practice mindful breathing to create space between your thoughts, emotions and reactions.
- Learn to broaden your perspective and strengthen your force field of peace and calm by practicing one of the meditations
- Guided Meditations
What it does: Check-in with how you are feeling each day
- Use coping skills
- Keep track of appointments and medications
- Get started on tasks
- Follow self-care routines
- Increase real-life socialization